Tell us about yourself:
- Where do you live? I currently live in Waverley Beach, New Zealand. It’s a small, picturesque, rural and remote beach in the South Taranaki region of the North Island. While there are about 50 homes here, only 8 people live here full-time, I’m #8
- How long have you lived there? As I’ve been traveling quite frequently over the last few years, I’ve lived here off and on for the last 6 years.
- Are you married? Once upon a time I was married, but no longer.
- Kids? I’m fortunate to have two children, one of each.
- Full time job? No
- Education? I have only a High School education.
- Who is your favorite author and book? Tough question. I have many authors who I admire. I really like the Pulitzer prize winning author, Jose Saramago. His character development is incredible, and for me a benchmark. On the other extreme I also enjoy the free-flowing style of Lee Child. I think one of my favorite books is ‘Contact’ by Carl Sagan. The story is complex and provides a refreshing duel perspective on an interesting often discussed topic.
- What is your preferred genre? Without question, historical fiction is my favorite genre.
- How did you start this journey to become a writer? I’d always wanted to write a novel. It was during the recovery from an injury when I finally had the courage to begin to actually begin. All I needed was a topic. During my rehabilitation, I stumbled across a story that would become my first novel, ‘For Want of a Shilling’. I never told anyone what I was doing because I didn’t want to make excuses if I gave up and failed.
- What have you written so far? I have written a total of 6 full length historical print novels. ‘For Want of a Shilling’, Boundary’, ‘The Breath of God’ and ‘Falls Ende – Primus’ are published and available. A fifth novel, the sequel to ‘Falls Ende – Primus, titled ‘Falls Ende – Secundus’ will be published in August 2019. My sixth novel called, ‘Leonard Hardy’s Misfortune’ is in the hands of my US Agent. Additionally, there are 3 short stories available only in ebook format. The short stories are, 1. ‘Falls Ende – The Oath’, 2.’ Falls Ende – Courser’ 3. ‘Falls Ende – The King’. I took all three ebooks and seamlessly joined them together and titled that story, ‘Falls Ende – Primus’.
Comments are closed.